Most people know that eating fruits and vegetables is important for good health, but most of us still aren’t getting enough. September is Fruits & Veggies – More Matters Month. The staff at The McHenry Dentist in Johnsburg encourages everyone in the family to eat a healthy diet complete with plenty of vegetables and fruits. Eating fruits and vegetables have many benefits:
- Lowers your risk for heart disease and some types of cancer
- Maintains or helps you reach a healthy weight
- Keeps your body strong and active
- It is a healthy alternative to snacks with sugar. Snacks with sugar and drinks with added sugars lead to tooth decay (cavities) too!
Here are some ideas to help you and your family fit more fruits and vegetables into your day:
- Cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time so they’re ready for healthy for after school snacks.
- Make and serve fresh fruit smoothies.
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy where the whole family can see it.
Celebrate More Matters Month with The McHenry Dentist and share more fruits and veggies at your family table!