McHenry Dentists, Dr. Tom Kaczynski and Dr. Anthony Varchetto tell the patients at The McHenry Dentist that getting rid of bad breath is easy.
Here are a few simple ways to combat bad breath:
1) Visit your dentist. The McHenry Dentists can examine your mouth to identify things like gum disease which can cause bad breath.
2) Have your teeth cleaned at least every 6 months. Having a professional dental cleaning by a dentist or dental hygienist will remove the plaque and built up tartar (calculus) that can cause periodontal disease (gum disease) and bad breath.
3) Brush your tongue. Bacteria lives on the surface of your tongue. Cleaning the tongue surface with a toothbrush or a tongue brush can eliminate the bacteria that can cause bad breath.
4) Brush and Floss daily. Brushing and flossing can eliminate the bacteria and food deposits that cause bad breath.
5) Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash. Rinse with a mouthwash that kills bacteria that can cause bad breath. Ask the McHenry dentists which oral rinse is right for you.
6) Stop smoking and/or using chewing tobacco. Smoking and chewing tobacco cause bad breath.
7) See your physician. There are a variety of systemic diseases that cause bad breath. See your physician to eliminate any medical reasons for your bad breath.